Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White) Next: 敒›䝛䝚⁝敒›술䚠汵桔畲瑳倠慬瑹獥㽴⠠楓潭桗瑩⥥

[GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

From: mintroll-ft-list <mintroll-gzg-ft@2...>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:47:41 +0000
Subject: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White)

>> I'm curious about this message from Jon:
>> http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200606/msg00169.html
>>
>> He mentioned working on much simpler proposals at the time.	I like
simple.
>> Did they go anywhere?
>>
>> andy

Moral for fighters was pap, it was an attempt at a fix that didn't
really work. I'll confess the Beta rules I've referenced are quite old -
but they're the best we've seen and played with.

Having a red (life), blue (CEF) and sometimes white (evasion) d6 along
next to each fighter isn't too complicated in our view (compared to the
rest of book keeping in FT), escorting fighters must be touching. Anyone
who doesn't have at least four colours of dice should go stand in a
corner and sulk - especially old faithful, the d6. From that message
(the original to which Jon replied) I can't comment on Heavy Missiles,
as no one has used them. This is a problem with our testing, as it's
based inside our campaign.

If you consider the formalisation of Beam Dice, then the modifers occur
in all other rules, screens are effectly modifiers... it's a matter of
how you choose to word/consider the rule.

Oh - and as a side point, we use the vector movement rules - that's also
kind of important when considering how things work.

Simon

--
Experience is the fool's best teacher;	the wise do not need it.

http://fullthrust.2-72.co.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Full Thrust Playtest? (Simon White) Next: 敒›䝛䝚⁝敒›술䚠汵桔畲瑳倠慬瑹獥㽴⠠楓潭桗瑩⥥