Prev: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles Next: RE: [GZG] Brushwars map [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:12:09 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Doug Evans wrote:

> Has everyone had a chance to check out the rulebook coming with the
new
> game pieces? I'm not sure whether they very recently put it up, or I
was
> just having trouble with their 'busy' site.
>
> http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/SBrulebook

*bleck*  I read it.  What a limited rule set.  No gravity wells,
planets,
moving boards, asteroids even.	Full thrust rules!

> Still, I have to think I'll probably be more thrilled with the
> ships to add to my micromachine SW's for use with FT and other
systems, but
> we'll see.

You did see the *collectable* part right?  *sigh*  I hate games that
limit
your ability to play based on your wallet.  I'd love a Mon Cal fleet
that
I don't have to paint but not at "uncommon" prices.

And Jon?  Yet another "thank you!" for a game that doesn't require only
your minis, painted in approved army colors.  I love your minis but
can't paint myself into a corner.  Hence the prepainted plastic.

Mike

Prev: [GZG] [OT] Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles Next: RE: [GZG] Brushwars map [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]