Prev: [GZG] re BRUSHFIRE Next: [GZG] Painting Contest - Winners have been posted.

Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:49:47 +0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

On 9/29/06, J L Hilal <jlhilal@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Who said anything about conscript horde EXPEDITIONARY forces?  But
YOUR
> expeditionary forces have to deal with THEIR (local) conscript hordes.

That will likely be extremely ugly.  At least in DSII terms, and
uglier in DS3 terms.  Militias are fine for partisan/guerilla warfare,
which DSII (or any other essentially tactical game) cannot adequately
simulate.  They tend not to do well against real opposition
(well-trained, well-led, well-equipped).

At best, they keep the invaders from getting any advantage from their
'conquest' before a relief force shows up.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: [GZG] re BRUSHFIRE Next: [GZG] Painting Contest - Winners have been posted.