Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun? Next: Re: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:35:13 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 20:01, Allan Goodall wrote:
> On 9/26/06, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
>
> <gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:49:00 +0100
> > From: Samuel Penn <sam@glendale.org.uk>
> >
> > Does anyone know what the RF antipersonnel plasma gun (as carried
> > by figure SGN-18D) counts as for Stargrunt? Is it just a standard
> > plasma gun?
>
> It's different from an Infantry Plasma Gun. For one thing, if it's
> "anti-personnel" it probably shouldn't get the D12* impact of a
> regular Plasma Gun.

Sounds reasonable

> If I remember correctly, I used D8 Firepower, D10 Impact (more shots
> than the Plasma Gun's D6, less impact than the Plasma Gun), but causes
> terror effects.

Does a flame thrower cause terror? How about a DFFG fired from a
vehicle? We've only played once so far (just infantry, no vehicles
or even power armour), so my knowledge of the rules is very light.
I'm currently trying to juggle painting figures with reading the
rules again.

> You could also argue that it should be a FP D8, Imp D12. The
> "antipersonnel rapid fire" nature of it increases FP by one die type,
> but the weapon loses the double impact on a Major Success against
> armoured targets. This also fills a niche, as there are D8/D10,
> D10/D10, D10/D12, and D6/D12* weapons, but no D8/D12.
>
> If I were to use it again, I'd opt for the latter option.

Thanks Allan, there's some good ideas there which I probably need to
discuss with our group.

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			    Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun? Next: Re: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?