Prev: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] [CON] GZG ECC X - Call for Events Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:01:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?

On 9/26/06, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
<gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:49:00 +0100
> From: Samuel Penn <sam@glendale.org.uk>

> Does anyone know what the RF antipersonnel plasma gun (as carried
> by figure SGN-18D) counts as for Stargrunt? Is it just a standard
> plasma gun?

It's different from an Infantry Plasma Gun. For one thing, if it's
"anti-personnel" it probably shouldn't get the D12* impact of a
regular Plasma Gun.

If I remember correctly, I used D8 Firepower, D10 Impact (more shots
than the Plasma Gun's D6, less impact than the Plasma Gun), but causes
terror effects.

You could also argue that it should be a FP D8, Imp D12. The
"antipersonnel rapid fire" nature of it increases FP by one die type,
but the weapon loses the double impact on a Major Success against
armoured targets. This also fills a niche, as there are D8/D10,
D10/D10, D10/D12, and D6/D12* weapons, but no D8/D12.

If I were to use it again, I'd opt for the latter option.

Allan

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] [CON] GZG ECC X - Call for Events Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Rapid Fire antipersonnel plasma gun?