Prev: [GZG] [DS] New Dirtside miniatures from July Next: Re: [GZG] [DS] New Dirtside miniatures from July

RE: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:19:33 +1000
Subject: RE: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

G'day

> But now you demonstrate the effectiveness of the totalitarian regime
> refocus the direction of a country in a short space of time....

Still doesn't make it impossible especially over *40* years. I really
think you're missing the amount of time being considered and how much
things can change when the s$%t hits the fan.

You can't seriously be saying that Autralia's military has been static
in form for the last 40 years? We were the first in the world (to my
knowledge) to use the high speed catamarans etc and just last week they
announced 2 new battalions and a service restructure. We've been
hamstrung for funds forever, comes with such a small population, but
that does not equate with can't come up with new effective large scale
materials. On top of which you only have to be effective with what
you've got not necessarily better equipped to do what needs to be done.
The look on the face of the US carrier commander when the "We come from
the land downunder" came booming in from the Aussie sub who tagged her
is priceless ;)

> A visit to an Aussie supermarket is like a trip back 20 years.

Compared to where? I spend my life travelling the world and I wouldn't
say Australian supermarkets are 20 years behind anywhere - you should
visit Russia! The degree of range within any particular food type may
not be as broad as in the US (having 6 brands of marshmallow breakfast
cereal isn't a sign of technological advancement), but its as broad as
in any European/UK supermarket and its more than sufficient for the
available demand.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: [GZG] [DS] New Dirtside miniatures from July Next: Re: [GZG] [DS] New Dirtside miniatures from July