Prev: [GZG] NPC History Next: RE: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG]NSLGeopoliticalCompositio n [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:02:29 +1200
Subject: Re: OU and New Caledonia - was RE: [GZG] NSL Geopolitical Composition

So you support the alternate timeline where Kim Beasley came into power
and
remilitarised Australia to protect it's mineral wealth from hordes of
Indonesian boat people?

If you want a militaristic future maybe NZ discovers offshore oil or
other
undersea minerals and so increases it's military capabilities to defend
its
resources against Japanese whaling fleets and other mineral resources.

Faced with a distracted France and being subverted by militant Islamic
terror groups funded by Indonesia maybe NC asked or Australia decided it

needed to act to protect it's own interests.

Neither NZ or Australia is likely to have the capability to manufacture
arms
in the next 50 years so they would need to buy them from somewhere.
Historic
links suggest their gear might will be Anglican.

Could be a bit of fun alternate history....