Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: Re: [GZG] Giant combined arms camapaign

Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

From: Peter Thoenen <eol1@y...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:58:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

> Something else we may want to consider.  I think the mailing list is
> fine at its current volume of traffic.  But what if the number of
> posts and posters were to increase by an order of magnitude?	(Even
> some small gaming forums I've seen can get 100+ posts on a slow day.)

Non issue. I am on a couple mailing lists that get 300 or 400 posts a
day.  No big deal.  Email client sorts, threads, subthreads,
filters,and handles all by individual subject, concept, and date, and
sorted much easier than any forum I have ever seen.

I also have no problem if we go forum as long as somebody makes a smtp
/ nntp sort of interface for it.  Personally though I don't think its
worth the hassle and would just keep it like it is.  Then again, I just
don't do forums period.  Once a site goes mandatory forum, podcast,
rss, wiki, or blog they lose my participation and money (if a business).

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: Re: [GZG] Giant combined arms camapaign