Prev: RE: [GZG] Giant combined arms camapaign Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:52:57 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 07:18:05PM +0000, wscottfield@comcast.net wrote:
>Something else we may want to consider.  I think the mailing list is
fine at its current volume of traffic.	But what if the number of posts
and posters were to increase by an order of magnitude?

If people use threading email clients, it's no problem at all. Some of
the playtest lists I've been on have had 800 or more posts a day, and
I've had no trouble keeping up with the threads that interested me.

But some people don't like to use threading email clients, some people
don't know they exist, and some people can't because they're stuck with
whatever they're issued with at work.

Prev: RE: [GZG] Giant combined arms camapaign Next: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums