Prev: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: Re: digest version Re: Emergency backup listserver active

Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Re: Anyone out there??? Is this puppy up? Call me bad...

From: "Paul M. M. Jacobus" <paul@o...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:28:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Re: Anyone out there??? Is this puppy up? Call me bad...

Well, let me be the voice of dissent and explain that I like forums
better
than mailing lists.

There's nothing wrong with the mailing list, mind you, and I will hardly
abandon them if/when the forum takes off. But the thing is, I get maybe
hundred personal e-mails a day, and a raft-load of work e-mails a
day. Picking through those to read the GZG ones ends up beign a seperate
chore, and if it's a busy day they get shuttled to the side as I catch
up
on other things, and clog up the mailbox until I find the time. The
digest
format helps, but then I'm always slightly behind the curve.

Whereas with my gaming forums, when I have a few spare minutes during
the
work day, I can just hop over there, catch up, make vaguely comedic
replies, and head back to reread when I get around to it. It's more
compartmentalized.

-P.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: Re: digest version Re: Emergency backup listserver active