Prev: Re: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?) Next: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

RE: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

From: "McCarthy, Tom \(xwave\)" <Tom.McCarthy@x...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 14:23:44 -0400
Subject: RE: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

Personally, I find the second threshold check to be huge.  Many ships
are still nasty combatants until that 2nd threshold check.  And then,
suddenly, they become almost toothless.

And that's why I find ships with lots of armour and screens really
annoying.  Against standard beams, you might have to throw huge amounts
of dice to force that second threshold check.

Allan