Prev: RE: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?) Next: Re: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 13:17:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

On 7/7/06, McCarthy, Tom (xwave) <Tom.McCarthy@xwave.com> wrote:

> In FT, checking systems at the end of a row of hull boxes is a simple
> mechanism for attrition of systems.

I like attrition. I'm just not crazy about the lack of granularity in
the FT system. The ship is perfectly okay up through the point where
there is one hull point left on that hull row line... then things fall
apart with one damage point suffered.

That having been said, the cure is far worse than the disease from
what I've seen.

Oh, and the Command and Colors games (Memoir 44, Battle Cry, Command &
Colors: Ancients) has an even more severe lack of granularity. An
infantry unit has 4 figures. It is 100% effective until it loses the
last figure, then it disappears. And yet this system is my favourite
board game system. Go figure.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: RE: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?) Next: Re: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)