Prev: RE: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:20:39 -0400
Subject: Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

On 7/6/06, McCarthy, Tom (xwave) <Tom.McCarthy@xwave.com> wrote:

> > What
> > bugs me more is going up against a Komorov or something similar,
where
> you
> > feel there's no point in shooting at it because it'll take five
turns
> just
> > to get to the first threshold, and until then he's utterly safe from
> > losing any systems.
>
> In some ways, that what it feels like to me against the Markgraf,
even.
> Or the Ark Royal.  Average hulls and more than 10% in armour is brutal
> to chew through, and even weak hulls seem incredibly durable with 2
> screens and 5% armour.

Well....isn't that part of the point of having those passive defenses on
the
ship?

You just need to hit it with heavier damaging weapons (larger the ship,
larger the weapon to take it down). Of course then you hit the flip side
with weapon vaporizing all the little ships long before little ships can
get
into engagement range.

Mk

Prev: RE: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam