Prev: Re: Re: Fighter Fixes was Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: [GZG] Re: Fighter Fixes and Missile Debate

Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: "James Hiegel" <james.hiegel@u...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:31:11 +0900
Subject: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

Lets just rename Salvo Missiles to Salvo Rockets (its more inline with
what
the game mechanic is like), many people like the current SM game
mechanic so
we should not necessarily get rid of it.

I played a game last night using laserlight's opposed roll mechanic.  I
like
it!
I just took one of my ship designs with an SM launcher and played them
like
fighters (tho you still launch then in the ordinace phase) with an 18"
move
and 2 turns of endurance.
Then I just counted a PDS on the other ship as a lvl 1 ECM, then I
changed a
ADFC on another ship as a lvl 1 Area ECM, but used the ADFC protection
rules.
Each level of ECM gave one opposing die roll.  Layered ECM is a pain for

basic missles (1D6-2D6=# of missiles that hit), tho you can still roll
two
ones (happend last night).

Tonight I'm gonna try "enhanced" SM, basically increase the cost by 2pts
per
mass to give two die to roll against ECM (2D6-ECM=# of missiles that
hit,
Max:6).  I'll try and remember to take pictures and make a batrep this
time.

James