Prev: Re: [GZG] Sheep con Queso Next: Re: [GZG] Sheep con Queso

Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: Peter Thoenen <eol1@y...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:30:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

Been following this thread for a week now and just wanted to make two
general comments:

- Lots of folk want ECM, jammers, uber homing complicated missles.  Its
call Star Fleet Battles, play it.  This is Full Thrust .. you the know
the beer and pretzels version that you can sit down and play fast and
fun.

- The revised rules (ranges, speeds, etc) don't seem to work well at
LOW SPEED ships of the line slugfests (think Jutland sort of battles).
These are usually the games I play: cinematic, large fleet, SLOW
(average velocity BY END OF GAME (lets say 30 or so turns) is maybe 20
tops).	SM as it stands already works fine in this situation.  A single
turn volley of lets say 30 SM's salvo's spread along the entire range
of possible enemy fleet movement does wonders.	Think of WWI Torpedo
Boat barrages (as I think of SM's).

Not sure I like ANYTHING about the proposed SM changes.  They are fine
for optional or local group, but would hate to see it official in FT3.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Sheep con Queso Next: Re: [GZG] Sheep con Queso