Prev: Re: [GZG] (OT?) X-Treme Hobby... Next: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:08:05 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

John L weighs in:
>I think that ECM, Range and PDS should be major factors in how many
missiles lock on and how many get through, but it seems to me that if
you have homing missiles, you should not have to guess where the enemy
is going and drop them onto the table in the hopes that he'll
essentially run into their target envelope.

So we'd have direct fire weapons, the defense to which is distance (and
perhaps ideally a combination of small cross section and high agility to
induce misses); and missiles, the defense to which is point defenses
(and ideally ECM, to induce misses). And perhaps mines, the defense to
which is avoiding their area.

Prev: Re: [GZG] (OT?) X-Treme Hobby... Next: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update