Prev: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

Re: [GZG] (OT?) X-Treme Hobby...

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:57:02 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] (OT?) X-Treme Hobby...

Ground Zero Games wrote:

>> For what it's worth, I contacted them and started a discussion.  I
>> asked for some very specific details - existing inventory, sales
>> records, contracts/relationships with vendors (for packaging,
>> casting, making masters, etc.) and a bit more.
>>
>> Haven't heard back.
>>
>> John
>>

> I did make enquiries myself as soon as this was first posted on TMP a
> few weeks back, just to see what kind of money was being talked about;

> I got a very quick response, but the sort of figures being discussed
> (which I'm not going to talk about on-list for obvious reasons) didn't

> make it look economically attractive or viable to me - basically it
> seemed a lot of money for little more than rights to the designs and
> the masters; if the deal had included production moulds and such it
> might have looked more feasible, but all these appear to be held by a
> third party contract caster and thus are not included in the sale.
> After careful consideration, I decided to pass.
>
> Jon (GZG)

We came to a similar conclusion - our other major worry was adding to
the line. To get any new models to match with existing ones would really

require them to be designed in the same way, which means investing in
and learning how to use 3D CAD tools and that's another major expense.

Tony

Prev: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update