Prev: Re: [GZG] Hi everybody Next: Re: [GZG] FT Beam5 Question

Re: [GZG] FT Beam5 Question

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:48:47 EDT
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Beam5 Question

In a message dated Wed, 31 May 2006 12:48:01 +1000, Brendan.Robertson
writes:

> 2.  Table size and average ship speed.  If you're table is only 60MU

> across,
> that much reach is wasted.  Also if ships are closing so fast that
you only
> get 1 turn at that range, then you would be better off with beams that
throw
> more dice during the firing pass.
> As a rule of thumb compare how many turns you normally spend at each
range
> band and tally up the die for the entire firing pass.  Its partly a
"risk vs
> reward" calculation; if you can threshold enemy ships without them
firing
> back, then the range is probably worth it.

Thank U Brendan for your feedback...   The table we regularly play at is

12'x7' or so...    So the range is available for engagements.

The Risk vrs Reward is part of the Midgard Herding logic, as we have a
Light
Cruiser mod with B4, to hopefully get that early hits, and "hopeful"
cause the
enemy to disengage with damage before we are forced too.   But then
again
many of the players I play against are old Wargammers/Campaigner.. so we
don't
have many battles until the end/total distruction to 1 or both sides.

DOCAGREN

Just a Lurker here on the Digest, But maybe I have a good idea or 2..
:-)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Hi everybody Next: Re: [GZG] FT Beam5 Question