Prev: Re: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions... Next: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...

Re: [GZG] [DS 2] Alternatives to infantry miniatures in DS 2

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 22:15:04 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [DS 2] Alternatives to infantry miniatures in DS 2

Hi Glenn,

I don't know that I can talk about "average" dismounts, but I can tell
you
about games that I've played and/or run.  I generally like to play with
multiple (3-5) companies on each side.	There are, of course, exceptions
-
in attack vs. defense games, I give the attackers more stuff.

I should also state that I've been playtesting DS3 for a while and that
infantry in DS3 are more flexible and more usable, so your mileage may
vary.

That said, it is generally the case that we see about a company (between
36
and 48 infantry figs - usually between 21 and 36 bases) on each side,
though not always at the same time.  Sometimes single platoons dismount
and
are either destroyed or remount before others do.

I actually would field more infantry than this, but I haven't been
painting.  My 3 primary forces are the New Republic of America using
OGRE
Combine minis, The Order of Man using GZG Future Wars minis, and Kif
using
GZG DSII grav vehicles and Adler K'hiff in powered armor.  The latter
two
forces each have one infantry company painted and mounted.  The Order
has a
full airborne company that I haven't painted yet, and the Kif have a
second
company that I haven't painted.  I also have a company for the NRA and
started a small FSE Legion Etrange which will have an infantry company
(using Brigade EuroFed hover vehicles).  I primarily do mixed battalions

based around strong armor forces, but do have plans for some almost
fully
infantry forces.  A buddy of mine has a TON of the older plastic GW
Space
Orks from Epic.  I'm planning on converting their various battlewagons
into
APCs and painting up a few hundred assorted infantry for him. I also
want
to do a force of bugs (GZG) and some aliens (GZG again) which will have
no
vehicles.

I know that I'm somewhat of a loon when it comes to 6mm minis, but
hopefully this will give you something to think about. :)

John

--On Monday, May 22, 2006 6:59 PM -0700 Glenn Wilson
<warbeads@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Maybe it's because I know over half of all armies
> (okay, exceptions might exist?) are infantry that, as
> I build my multiple powers' Dirtside 2 battalions I
> realize just how many (too many!) 6 mm Infantry
> miniatures I am going to need for the various Fire
> Teams.
>
> Here's the Heresy ? I am leaning towards counters, at
> the very least, for the initial forces ? different
> colors for each 'nation' I am building forces for.
>
> Anyone know where you can get multiple sheets of
> infantry counters (I can modify them to reflect HQ,
> medical, AD, AT, and APSW teams.)
>
> Here's a question for those who have played DS 2
> longer then I have ? How many dismounts are on the
> board on a "average" game? How many is the maximum
> number of dismounts you have seen in a game?
>
> Gracias,
>
>   Glenn Wilson

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: Re: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions... Next: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...