Prev: Re: [GZG] [very OT] ANZAC day Next: Re: [GZG] FT as a fighter combat game?

Re: [GZG] FT as a fighter combat game?

From: damosan@c...
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:49:32 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT as a fighter combat game?

You can easily convert FT into a "fighter" game.

The only thing I'd add (to start) would be individual crew positions to
the core systems block.  There would be a symbol for the pilot,
co-pilot, weapons officer, signals officer, etc.  Then, of course, you
have to apply the magic "the scale of the game now deals with fighters
and not ships..." sponge.

I have a set of racing rules online that goes into this somewhat.  The
short version: very high thrusts, ships are allowed to "double their
output" but burn out their engines, individual gunners, pilots, and
engineers....

http://home.comcast.net/~damosan/rr1.htm

--
Damo

From: "Derek Rogillio" <derek@rogillio.net>
> Has anyone put any thought or effort into modifying Full Thrust for
use as a
> fighter combat game?	It shouldn't be that difficult, using the
standard
> capital ship templates for light, medium, and heavy fighters.
Fighters
> should probably get more thrust, and I would probably consider adding
> something in to give a benefit for the individual pilot and/or
gunner's
> skill.
>
> Am I reinventing the wheel here?
>
> --
> Derek A. Rogillio
> derek at rogillio dot net

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_29931_1146224972_1

------=_Part_9636_27792292.1146021324733

Has anyone put any thought or effort into modifying Full Thrust for use
as a
fighter combat game?  It shouldn't be that difficult, using the standard
capital ship templates for light, medium, and heavy fighters.  Fighters
should probably get more thrust, and I would probably consider adding
something in to give a benefit for the individual pilot and/or gunner's
skill.

Am I reinventing the wheel here?

--
Derek A. Rogillio
derek at rogillio dot net

------=_Part_9636_27792292.1146021324733

Has anyone put any thought or effort into modifying Full Thrust for use
as a fighter combat game?&nbsp; It shouldn't be that difficult, using
the standard capital ship templates for light, medium, and heavy
fighters.&nbsp; Fighters should probably get more thrust, and I would
probably consider adding something in to give a benefit for the
individual pilot and/or gunner's skill.<br>
Am I reinventing the wheel here?&nbsp; <br clear=3D"all"><br>--
. Rogillio<br>derek at rogillio dot net