Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt II rules questions Next: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt II rules questions

Re: [GZG] A Heavy Missile Question

From: "david smith" <bifsmith207@h...>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 11:30:40 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] A Heavy Missile Question

>I always think of heavy missile warheads as being bomb-pumped laser
that
>fire from a few hundred km away. If you picture it the same way, then
"no."

>If on the other hand you picture a missile warhead as being, oh, a
sticky
>bomb or a nano swarm or something else that makes physical contact with
the
>target, then "yes". Pick whatever PSB gives the result you want.

I always thought of MT missiles as a large nuke (50 to 100 MT range,
afyer
all the ruskies did detonate a 50 mt bomb once and using the layered
warhead
there is no limit on the size possible). The dammage was due to the
effects
of the explosion itself (did post a liink once to the effect of a
nuclear
detonation in space).

Of course, this raises the effect of a MT missile being able to effect
more
than  one target at once, ut it also allows a bomb pumped x-ray laser
missilewarhead varient for the MT missile. I would propose some vareint
of
the MKP packs as used by the KV to represent the armour piercing effect
of
the lasers (after all, a x-ray laser with the energy of a nuke behind it

would definately be counted as having enough energy to go through any
armour
you care to place).

How about this.
MT missile laser warhead.

When gets within 6MU of target, detonates firing a hegehog pattern of
x-ray
lasers in the front arc.

Targeted ship rolls a D6. On a 1, the lasers miss. On 2-5, take a K4 hit

(including reroll). On a 6, take 2x K4 hits (including rerolls).

Cost=? (no idea).

Somebody care to run average dammage Vs standard MT missiles? I think
this
would be more powerfull than a normal warhead, but how much would
determin
the tweeking required. Or we could keep it this powerful, after all,
with
the old ship design rules, the MT missiles were a lot more deadly than
at
present (the hull DP`s have increased but the dammage of the MT missile
warhead has not increased).

This has raised another idea for the MT missiles. With the nuke warhead,
how
about allowing dammage to increase the closer to the target the missile
is?
Say at 4MU, 1D6, and going up by 1D6 per MU closer it is?

BIF

Prev: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt II rules questions Next: Re: [GZG] Stargrunt II rules questions