Prev: Re: [GZG] Timescales Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] PSB

Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 20:58:50 +0100
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

Laserlight wrote:

>>I don't remember what the engine/movement rating we gave the grav
tanks in
>>the Friday night game. I think we wanted to keep the speeds down a
*little*,
>>so we made them slow grav tanks.
>
>Yeah, they were slow.	Only about 140" per turn, as I recall.

140" per turn is only 35 mph... you call a grav tank moving at 35 mph
*fast*? <g>

More seriously though, for most DS3 vehicles it isn't the *total*
movement
rate which is important - even a fairly slow wheeled vehicle can usually

get to any point of the table it wants in a single game turn as long as
the
enemy doesn't interfere - but rather the *combat* movement rate, ie. how

far the vehicle can move in a single 20-second combat round.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] Timescales Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] PSB