Prev: Re: [GZG] DSIII q Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

Re: [GZG] DSIII q

From: Damond Walker <damosan@c...>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 21:31:31 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

On Mar 8, 2006, at 7:10 PM, Laserlight wrote:

> I don't think you've quite hit what Grant is concerned with.	It
> doesn't matter how you divvy up forces or decision-making between
> players--if most of the evening is one firefight between Red's 1st
> Platoon and Blue's 3rd Platoon, then everyone else is going to be
> out of the action for most of the evening.

I played in one of Indy and John's playtest games a few months ago
and I made that same comment then.  Perhaps a firefight should only
be continued if you succeed in doing something with the shot (in
other words if you miss your firefight is over)?

> I think, however, that as people get experience with the game,
> they'll realize which side of the firefight is likely to be the
> losing side, ...

But then you always have those types who will want to throw dice
regardless of their (minimal) chances of doing anything.

Damo

Prev: Re: [GZG] DSIII q Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII q