Prev: Re: [GZG] DSIII q Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

Re: [GZG] DSIII q

From: Andrae Muys <andrae@i...>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:48:38 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

On 09/03/2006, at 10:10 AM, Laserlight wrote:

>> To get around this I simply turned the Crossfire game into a team
>> exercise-- each player on a side has their company of infantry or
>> platoon of tanks (or whatever) but they as a side determine who
>> will activate next.
>
> I don't think you've quite hit what Grant is concerned with.	It
> doesn't matter how you divvy up forces or decision-making between
> players--if most of the evening is one firefight between Red's 1st
> Platoon and Blue's 3rd Platoon, then everyone else is going to be
> out of the action for most of the evening.
>
> I think, however, that as people get experience with the game,
> they'll realize which side of the firefight is likely to be the
> losing side, and they'll go ahead and pop smoke, or take cover,
> pretty quickly. Not always--I saw a couple of units in the Friday
> night game which shouldn't have gotten involved in a slugfest--but
> they died pretty quickly too.

Not having played or seen DS3 (although I am looking forward to it),
I don't know if I can contribute much; however has anyone considered
permitting firefights to be suspended after a number of rounds and
allow them to be resumed instead of an activation later in the same
turn.  This might permit other players to participate, while
permitting the firefight to run its course within the turn.

Andrae

--
Andrae Muys
andrae@netymon.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] DSIII q Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII q