Prev: Re: [GZG] DSIII q Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

Re: [GZG] DSIII q

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:02:10 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

> Hi All,
>
> Comments below.
> >   Hmm, I wondered about that in the game and asked John about it,
and he said
> > it was ok.	I suspected we might be doing it wrong and that appears
to be the
> > case.  That changes things a bit.
> >

> Hey, I've been known to make mistakes before! :D  Looks like this time

> too.	Grants heavy had CLEAR LoS/LoF to the Order command vehicle, but
it
> was not involved in the firefight.  I tend to forget that you can't,
as
> the attacker, bring in new defense targets just because you have clear

> LoS.	Definitely my bad.

   No worries, especially on Sunday with a new system.	Either way, I
was in a
 primo position to whack him whenever he activated.

> The infantry should have taken cover if they were not able to fire
back.
> I mean, if I was there and being shot at and I couldn't effectively
fire
> back, I'd take cover...
>
> I didn't force the issue in the game, mostly due to lack of sleep.
Yeah,
> that's it. :)

    Yeah, but what kind of cover keeps a blaster from shooting at you
from
  above?  They would have had to break for cover behind a building, and
at
  infantry movement speed, they'd have been long dead before they
reached it.

    Perhaps the answer is to have a mechanism for "hopeless" firefights
where
  the side that can't shoot back can disband its unit and end the
firefight
  before the other guy can creep up to it.  Just a thought off the top
of my
  head.

  grant

Prev: Re: [GZG] DSIII q Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII q