Prev: Re: [GZG] My Photos of GZG ECC IX Next: RE: [GZG] My Photos of GZG ECC IX

Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish

From: damosan@c...
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:39:10 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] FMA skirmish

From: "Derek A. Rogillio" <derek@rogillio.net>

> The rules are somewhat vague about the effect of a wound.  Jerry's
rules
>   reflected a wound as a loss of an action per activation with the
> second wound being a kill.  Is this the way others are treating it as
well?

In the 99 version a wound reduces the model to a single action.  Pretty
much the same for the 04 version.

> Has anyone put together any morale rules for FMAS yet?  The 1999 rules
> allow for suppression, but in some cases there really needs to be
> something scary enough to have a figure turn tail and run.

The 04 version introduces the concept of stress and removes the idea of
suppression.  As a figure is shot at or otherwise the figure gains
stress chits.  When it comes time to activate that figure you have to
make a test -- if you pass the stress chits go away and you activate.
If you fail bad things start to happen -- in this context "bad things"
means legging it off the table.

The suppression method in the 99 set did the job but the stress mechanic
in the 04 version really adds to the game I think.

Stress chits come from being shot at...witnessing the birth of an Old
One...eating anything from McDonalds, shooting sheep, etc.

> Is there anything that identifies what actions can be combined per
> activation?  Each figure can make two actions per turn, but which ones
> can be combined?  Can they make two movement actions, two firing
> actions, or two close combat actions?

Up to the GM.  There are more detailed close combat rules in the 04 set
but I'm of the firm opinion that you should just fudge it to make a good
game.

I allow players to combine actions...such as move & shoot.  It makes the
fire less effective but it's certainly more cinematic.

> Finally, the close combat rules probably need some tweaking.

Someone outnumbered 2:1 does have the disadvantage of having at least 2
but perhaps 4 attacks against them in one turn.  That's pretty big.  The
new set has some giblets in there covering this situation.

Two rules when looking at FMA-S right now: steal from Stargrunt and
fudge the rest.

--
Damo

Prev: Re: [GZG] My Photos of GZG ECC IX Next: RE: [GZG] My Photos of GZG ECC IX