Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG2] Terrain layout Next: [GZG] GZG ECC IX photos: a request

[GZG] GZG ECC IX: Quote Board 2006

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:00:14 -0500
Subject: [GZG] GZG ECC IX: Quote Board 2006

Board quotes are transcribed, and hopefully are correct. In
some cases I had to be a little creatively interpretive with people's
handwritings and/or quote attributions. Hopefully I got them
write/right.
Enjoy the read! For some you probably had to be there. For others, the
humor
of the situation at hand will probably be more than evident. Probably
moreso
for those of you who have participated in ECC gaming in the past. ;-)

May these be inspiration for next year...

Mk
------------------------

GZG ECC IX Quote Board 2006

**Friday Evening**
"Quote or Di(c)e!"

Adrian (on overhearing JonMark and Jerry Han) "It's Friday, the Sheep
Game
hasn't even started – it's not even tonite – and people are already
threatening each other."

Unknown: "Kids…they're kind of like miniatures, but they get bigger."

Jerry Han (Full Sail): "The object is to kill your opponent as many
times as
possible."

Stuart Murray (Blue Light Special): "How much time did it take to make
all
these cards?"
Damosan: "Doesn't matter – I did them at work."

Kevin Chase (to Dave Hornung's command platoon, DS3 Demo) : "Come on up
and
give us moral support. We just got shot at. We need a hug."

John Lerchey (during DS3 Demo): "This is the actual firefight. It
continues
until everyone decides they can't or won't keep going."
Mark Kinsey {crying) : "I've had enough!"

John Lerchey (DS3 Demo) : "You can only remove the White Skull with an
ambulance or something."
Indy: "Oh, gee, I didn't give you guys an ambulance."
Mark Kinsey (turning to Indy): "Bitch"

Damo to Mike Hudak (Blue Light Special): "But in your case, since you've
been screwed so many times, it's free."

Unknown (Full Sail): "Pirate Gallery – ship name HMS Aneurism"

TomB (talking while looking at "men in black") : "A day at the
convention
isn't complete until Cthulhu appears on the table…"

Unknown (during Full Sail): "He's got two shots on Chauncey! Oh, but
it's
Lorenzo firing!"

John Lerchey (DS3 Demo, pointing to Mark Kinsey's repeatedly Shaken
unit):
"They need a medal."
Mark Kinsey: "They need a hug!"

Mark Kinsey (DS3 Demo, discussing NSL tanks needing better weapons
against
Kra'Vak) : "Harsh language. Harsh language would at least have the
effect of
making them Ro'Kah."

Mark Kinsey (DS3 Demo, observing the lineup of Kra'Vak tanks in his
platoon's LOS) : "Man, this would be perfect if I wasn't Shaken."

Kevin Chase (DS3 Demo expanding on the "this unit needs a hug" theme) :
"Masseuse to Heartbreak Ridge – stat!"

Unknown Player A (a ship respawns in Full Sail Frag): "Do you want to
place
your ship to shoot at somebody, or to get a power up?"
Unknown Player B: "I want him to find a place to run aground!!"

Unknown Player: "Do I let the kid kill me, or do I let the other guy
kill
me?"

Kevin Chase (DS3 Demo): "Our first action was that stupid little light
tank
fiasco in the corner"

**Saturday Morning**
"To Err Is Human, To Quote, Devine"

Aaron Newman: "It makes me feel all ionic inside."

Noam Izenberg (as Jon Davis played with Noam's battery-operated tape
measurer): "Auto-tape! Accept no substitutes."

Keith Frye (on stormtrooper marksmanship in Assault on Hoth): "Jango
Fett
had stigmatism!"

Keith Frye (Assault on Hoth, as AT-AT commander): "The Rebels have the
moral
high ground. That's grid 7 by…"

Unknown (Assault on Hoth): "I'm not afraid of lasers. I'm afraid of
Vader."

Joel Frock (Stuart's Cinegrunt game): "First blood goes to the nuns."
Stuart M. "Which is how it should be."

John Crimmins (after Indy rolled many dice in FT Tigers In Combat): "My
God,
it's full of 1's!"
Mike Hudak (later that same game): "Someone else roll for Indy. Heck,
Indy,
**I'LL** roll for you!"

Indy (during Tigers In Combat): "There's two quotes on the board from
this
game already."
Mike Hudak: "Am I in any of them?"
Indy: "Yes."
Mike: "Damn!"

John Crimmins (preparing to fire a single one-die beam battery, Tigers
In
Combat) : "Are you ready for the pain?" (rolls a '1') "Keep waiting."

Mike Hudak (after John C rolls a '1', Tigers In Combat) "You didn't let
Indy
roll for you, did you?"

Indy: "Die yet?"
Derek Rogilio: "No, I'm staying in the back."
Indy: "Come on, no guts, no glory."
Derek: "I didn't come here for glory."

Adrian (Stuart's Cinegrunt game): "Are the civilians going to saty in
our
way? Oh well, sacrifices have to be made in the name of the Empire."

Chauncey: "I need more dice!!"

Rebel Player (with Luke Skywalker trapped on Hoth, Assault On Hoth): "I
guess we're not getting a new Jedi."
Imperial Player: "No, but we are."

JP to Jim Bell (whose naval brigade troops broke the British company and
got
into the Brit village): "You're the most valuable player because you're
molesting their women."

**Saturday Afternoon**
"No Quotes Here"

Overheard from the Cheese Game: "The guy with the big sword should be
obvious."

Zev Izenberg (Destroy All FOGRES): "I know how I would lose!"

Aaron Newman (explaining to JP philosophy of the First One's ship, All
Alone
In The Night): "Basically their [Vorlons, et al] technology smells like
poop."

Doug Schavo (referring to attack formation of kamikazes in All Alone In
The
Dark): "Shouldn't our ships all be in a line?"

Jerry Han (All Alone In The Dark): "I'll let the galactic winds blow
me!"

Bryan G: "My troops are going to shuffle to the side."
Tony: "There is no dancing in StarGrunt."

Jerry Han (All Alone In The Dark): "I am probably the one person who
rolls
worse than Indy." (he proceeded to roll four sets of 6d6, getting four
6s
with each roll).

Unknown: "Gray Aliens – the other white meat?"

Don (Singularity, after placing six missile salvos in one spot): "That
is
how the FSE win the game. If I roll bad for salvo missiles coming in, I
lose. That's the price you pay for being French."

Aaron Newman (to JP Fiset, All Alone In The Dark): "You may taunt them.
You
were programmed by the French."

Charlie Decker (The Cheese Game, after dropping an artillery strike on
Laserlight's 'squad' – or flock – of cute fuzzy sheep, including the
"we're
harmless" sheep with a pink bow): "I come from a long line of Irishmen.
Killing sheep is nothing."

Aaron Newman (All Alone In The Dark): "The ships that disappeared
entered
into something that is not hyperspace"
Unknown player: "Wal-Mart!"

Laserlight: "So you can move five bodies."
Adrian: "But…there are so many…"

Indy: "Mike, are you more NAC or ESU?"
Mike: "Why?"
(Indy repeats question)
Mike: "Ummm, NAC. Why?"
Indy (long pause): "All will become clear in the fullness of time…and
if I
could say that any more Vorlon, I would."
Mike: "You're twisted."

Jerry Contril (Singularity): "He went from fully active to destroyed in
one
turn."
Scott Biship: "I guess there's no reason for rolling for the PDF's
then."

Mke Hudak' (as Greg D's squad dumps the commercial powered armor into a
tank
of cheese): "They're powered armour. They're vacuum proof, but they're
not
cheese proof?"
John Crimmins: "NOTHING is cheese proof!"

Unknown: "That thing was in amazingly good shape for a ship with two
hits
left!"

Adrian (to Brian Gordon, Cheese Game): "You look like you're about to
start
crying."
Mike Hudak: "Or lose control of your bowels."

Jon Davis (Destroy All FOGRES): "He's experienced. I'm letting him roll
the
D20." (a '2' is subsequently rolled)

**Saturday Evening**
"I came, I saw, I quoted"

Carl Scheu to Jim Bell: "Don't worry, Jim. You can be pathetic without
rolling dice."

JP Fiset (as he fired into Aaron's rear arc): "Do you feel that love
coming
from behind?"

Jerry Han (Sheep Game, as he pulled a beagle pup from his pocket and
told it
to attack): "Go get 'em Fluffy!!"

Tony Finan (FMA Sheep, after a Shuggoth manifested itself in the
starship's
cargo hold): "'Get em'? That was your plan??"

Adrian (at end of the Sheep Game as players hummed "Amazing Grace" (with
kazoo accompaniment) while final credits roll – everyone died): "So
who
comes to a game con armed with a kazoo?!"

Adrian (explaining why no one else can run FMA Sheep): "The difference
is
that he thinks in a linear, logical, engineer manner, and you're
creatively
Evil – with a capital 'E'"

Tony Finan (FMA Sheep): "When Chris runs a game, it just brings out my
urge
to destroy the entire world."

Don (single IJN player in Last Train To Dark's Veil): "Well, you shot at
me!"
John Lerchey: "No, I didn't. It was at he UNSC."
Don: "Yes you did!"
John: "No, I didn't. It was the Japanese."

TomB: "The apology sounded a lot less sincere when you couldn't stop
laughing."

**Sunday Morning**
"Quote'R'Us"

Carl Scheu (running the Jedi Knights during FMA Incident On P4X-636):
"I'm
content. Do I feel a disturbance in the Force?"
Keith Frye (stormtrooper player): "Got a whole lotta disturbance coming
your
way!"

Mark Kinsey (stopping by P4X-636 and understanding it was
Stargate-based)
"As my last name is 'Kinsey', I will stop by periodically to make
annoying
and unhelpful comments to the SG teams."

Tony Finan (upon his SG-15 team meeting a face-hugger in P4X-636): "I'm
glad
Mark ran this game on Sunday – so I can feel unclean all day long"

Aaron Newman (playing the Terminators in P4X-636): "I hear dead humans
are
very calm."
Tony Finan: "All the stress is in their neck. You snap that and all
their
pain goes away."

Indy (after overseeing Tony's third round of Close Combat with a
face-hugger
in P4X-636): "It's still trying to give him some lovin'."
Tony Finan: "Leave me alone. I'm engaged."

Chauncey (while on the phone to his girlfriend): "I got to go. I'm
commanding a battleship, baby!!"

Keith Frye (P4X-636): "I hereby name this planet Suck!"

Jerry Han (during Full Sail): "I'm going to leave the cannoneer [who
gives a
+1 to hit] out of this one." (he then rolled five direct hits – did he
not
say earlier he is the only person in the world to roll worse than Indy?)

Indy (end of the con as the last of the people were packing up and
heading
out): "How'd the Sheep Game go? I didn't get a chance to get over to it
last
night."
Laserlight: "I don't remember."

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG2] Terrain layout Next: [GZG] GZG ECC IX photos: a request