Prev: [GZG] Re: Data cards Next: Re: [GZG] MGs in SG2

Re: [GZG] MGs in SG2

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:51:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] MGs in SG2

Well, not to be too much of pain, but the DSII APSW is more indicative,
machinegun-wise of a 7.62 than a .50.  The .50 cal is capable of
engaging
lightly armored targets (APCs and the like) while the APWS, strictly
speaking, is not capable of engaging armored targets at all.

There is a need for a class/0.5 weapon (which will be in DS3) to fit the

role of the .50 cal.

I don't play SG, so I don't know how to factor the breakpoint between an

M-60 and Browning .50.

John

--On Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:48 PM -0500 Thomas Barclay
<kaladorn@magma.ca> wrote:

> Claus was asking about MGs for vehicles....
>
> I take a slightly more nuanced tack than the strict SG2 rules. The
APSW
> class in Dirtside II covers both AGLs like the AGS-30 and Mark 19
(belt
> fed, automatic fire capable) and medium and heavy machine guns (such
as
> the MAG-58/C6/M249 and the Browing .50 M2HB).
>
> It seems to me that the "SAW" in the rulebook doesn't do a good job of
> capturing these sorts of weapons, nor does D4 fire control (manual
fire
> control) do justice to the sort of firepower they bring to bear.
>
> So, when I use MGs, I use stats something like this:
> Heavy MG - Firepower: D10 Impact: Either D16 or 2D8. (I have a bunch
of
> D16s... great dice!) Medium MG - Firewpower: D12 Impact: D10
>
> This makes the .50 fairly dangerous to PA who are running with a D12
> armour dice (and to soft-skinned vehicles).
>
> It also captures the fact the bigger MGs sometimes have a lower RoF
than
> their smaller counterparts. (You can use D12 FP if you want a faster
> firing version).
>
> For the AGL, I think I'd use something like FP: D12 IMP: D12 or FP:
D10
> IMP: 2d8* depending on if they're firing HE or some sort of AP round.

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: [GZG] Re: Data cards Next: Re: [GZG] MGs in SG2