Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London? Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London?

Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London?

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:29:42 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London?

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:23:21PM -0600, Doug Evans wrote:
>I believe Jon has mentioned in the past, and I've seen some
confirmation in
>Brit gaming mag's that, outside of 'the big boys', gaming retail in the
UK
>is dominated by mail order and show stalls.

The big boy in question being basically Games Workshop, yeah. That's
_wargames_ specifically, though.

>My impression is that even wares from folks like the Evil Empire(tm)
are
>pretty much to be found only in their own shops. Do book shops do
'family
>games'?

Some have a basic selection. In London, the choices are basically:

Orcs' Nest (lots of metal mostly fantasy, some RPGs, some wargames)
Playin' Games (family games and RPGs, limited wargames)
Leisure Games (mostly family games and RPGs, limited wargames)

plus wherever Games Workshop live, but you'd only go there for Games
Workshop products because they don't sell anything else.

Roger

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London? Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] GZG-stocked shops in London?