Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] fighter mix Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] fighter mix

Re: [GZG] [FT] fighter mix

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:07:55 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] fighter mix

If I had just a little more than 120 budget I'd go for four regular
fighters
and two torpedo bombers, which is 144.	_Maybe_ I'd go with an
interceptor
in place of one of the four regulars, but I like being able to use my
fighters with the option of either trying to establish superiority or
striking enemy ships with all six groups if there's no enemy fighter
screens
to take care of, rather than risking having interceptors with no enemy
fighters to worry about.

If the 120 budget isn't flexible, I'd probably substitute attack
fighters
for the torpedo bombers.  Nowhere near the striking efficiency but it's
not
just awful.  Maybe one interceptor but more often not.