Prev: RE: [GZG] Campaign Rules and Victory Conditions Next: [GZG] Cruisers ... in the FT world [and] John's Shipbuilding/Campaign Rules-VC

Re: [GZG] Campaign Rules and Victory Conditions

From: Roger Books <roger.books@g...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:24:13 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Campaign Rules and Victory Conditions

e.net/Wargames/FT/Campaign.html

We also tried one using a circular map.  It didn't work well as the
K'rvak
player made a non-aggression pact with one of his two flanks, yelled
"Way of
the Warrior!", and put everything in one massive attack fleet.	By the
time
the non-aggression pact was terminated and ships mobilized The K owned
half
the map.

Roger Books

On 1/17/06, Thomas Barclay <kaladorn@magma.ca> wrote:

> On Campaign Rules:
>
> Roger wrote a good start at them. And Phil Pournelle had written some
good
> sensor rules
> IIRC. And I took a stab at strategic movement speeds in FTL, the
hazards
> of pushing a
> drive (jump shock/transit stress) and the crew by repeated FTL jumps
and a
> stab at
> figuring out how civilian and military drives might differ, etc. Maybe
> pulling some or
> all of this sort of work together could get a workable set together
usable
> by gaming
> groups who liked it (or at least give others a basis for departure).
Not