Prev: Re: [GZG] Cruisers and Destroyers in the FT world Next: Re: R: [GZG] [semi-OT] Judge Dread fans

Re: [GZG] Ship point values and effectiveness

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:01:49 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Ship point values and effectiveness

> With the rules as written, core systems make it likely that core
systems
> take a ship out of action before it is destroyed.  Striking the flag
> does the same.
>
> We play a lighter version of core systems (as outlined in the CVS
> repository) where the 'core' takes a threshold check, not each core
> system.  Even so, the game sometimes feels like Red Chicken Rising,
the
> space combat game whose underlying design philosophy is that all
> warships are destroyed by critical hits, none by a steady wearing down
> of the hull.

I sometimes play with a similarly implemented 'lighter' set of core
rules
that a friend of mine came up with years ago (when the core rules first
appeared). They aren't as destructive to ships in question, but have
their
own set of fun (such as "comms systems down, write your movement orders
one
turn in advance"). I had posted them way back when (should be in the
archives).

Okay, may not mean anything here or there; just a side distraction. :-)

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Cruisers and Destroyers in the FT world Next: Re: R: [GZG] [semi-OT] Judge Dread fans