Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems Next: [GZG] [OT] Army Life

Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems

From: The Man in Black <mib.zero@g...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:15:30 -1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems

> That problem was "massed fighters are unbalanced" (plus some
> other factors), not due to the concept of "kill more CPV".

One option is to allow PDS to fire more than once a turn. So Point
Defense
shoots at every incoming fighter/missile. Charge Mass x10 as the new
point
cost for PDS, and maybe remove the ability to shoot at other ships at
6".
Not sure how to apply that to Kravak Scatterguns though.

As far as establishing victory conditions goes, I totally stole the
Scenario
Generator from Gear Krieg/Heavy Gear. The pseudo role-playing flavor of
the
system focuses on adding a lot of space opera drama to battles, making
"The
Thrill of the Game" more significant, maybe even placing it on center
stage.

One of these days, I'll find the time to create a Full Thrust website
for
all the assorted rules crap I've developed/plagarized over the years.

The Man in Black is : Kenneth Scroggins
Novus Ordo Seclorum : Annuit Coeptus : E Pluribus Unum
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/maninblack/dg.html

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems Next: [GZG] [OT] Army Life