Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems

Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems

From: Brian B <brianbinor@g...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:50:26 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems

On 1/11/06, B Lin <lin@rxkinetix.com> wrote:
> Part of the problem here is that you are examining the example from a
> single side.
>
> If you view the problem from both sides at once, you will quickly find
> that the situation balances itself quite quickly.

No, you'll simply find that both commandrs are in the same
unsatisfactory position.  And you missed LL's point, despite
inadvertently acknowledging it in your reply.  He said:

"Blue hasn't any idea of what he needs to do to win. "

As you went on to say,

" So to summarize, Blue is in a
> vulnerable position and must expend effort to keep DD1 alive at all
> costs (even throwing away the SDN) keep from losing - this doesn't
mean
> he will automatically win, just that he prevents the opponent from
> achieving his goal.

True enough, but that's the problem.  In your scenario, neither
commander knows what he must do to win, just what he must do to not
lose.  That means we're back to the game being nothing more than a
slugfest, with both sides trying to kill as many of the enemy as
possible.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems