Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Turning Circles

Re: [GZG] Re: Turning Circles

From: Brian Burger <blurdesign@g...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 06:02:36 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Turning Circles

On 1/9/06, Scott Siebold <gamers@ameritech.net> wrote:

> You may have a velosity of 30 mu/turn but your ships engines will set
your
> turning ability. If your engines are 6 mu/turn then you may make 6
turns in
> any part of your turn. If you want a little more realistic effect then
> devide the total starting velosity by the number of turns to be made
(30mu /
> 6mu or 5mu per segment) so the ship would turn 1mu go streight for 4mu
turn
> 1 mu go streight for 4mu etc until finished. Turning would not add or
> subtract from the speed of the ship so if you started a turn with 30
mu/turn
> turned 6mu in a turn the next turn you would be going 30 mu per turn.

Scott, I have to ask: have you played much Vector in FT?

What you're describing/suggesting doesn't sound like Vector movement
at all, but a variant of Cinematic.

Vector doesn't have "turning radii", really, and Cinematic movement
isn't really being argued about currently...

Brian
www.warbard.ca/games.html

Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Turning Circles