Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 19:41:18 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

On 1/6/06, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
<gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 13:17:46 -0800
> From: "laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>

> Perhaps try this: roll for initiative.  Winner moves 1/2
> distance; loser moves full distance; winner completes the
> second half of his move. Optional: loser can adjust facing 1
> point after winner completes his move. (This whole concept
> is taken from a naval game--Royal Navy or Ironbottom Sound
> or one of those)

Never seen the game, but I came up with this idea on my own back in
1999. I also tried it by splitting the game into smaller segments:
winner moves 1/4, loser moves 1/2, winner moves 1/2, loser moves 1/2,
winner moves 1/4. It didn't add a whole lot, except that I allowed
firing at the end of each movement phase. (This was for my Full Steam
rules.)

In play, the "winner" was usually the guy who moved second, though,
not the first guy to move. It would be interesting to try it with Full
Thrust. It avoids that Full Thrust weirdness where you have to guess
if your opponent is going to break left or break right, guess wrong,
and end up _way_ wrong in where you end up. In "reality" you'd be able
to adjust your bad movement before the end of a turn, however long you
define that to be.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....