Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: "McCarthy, Tom" <Tom.McCarthy@x...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:08:29 -0500
Subject: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

> I'm starting to really, really wonder if having two separate
> design systems, or, at least, two separate cost systems is the only
> way to achieve true balance.	(i.e. a Kra'Vak ship is worth X points
> in Cinematic, but Y points in Vector.)

This works to a point.	I played Silent Death heavily, and they
recognized that the rules governing how torpedoes moved greatly affected
the value of torpedo-laden ships.  The problem was, as options for
torpedo rules proliferated and multiplied, the table of costs for
various ship designs got very cumbersome (Standard, Variable Speed,
Homing, Variable Speed Homing, Tough, Tough Variable Speed, Tough
Homing, Tough Variable Speed Homing, Unjammable, Unjammable Variable
Speed, ...).

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....