Prev: More Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: damosan@c...
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 14:38:20 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

--------------- Original message ----------------------
From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>

> c) it makes some cheesy maneuvers possible.  Let's say you have a MD4
> ship pursuing a MD6 ship in direction 12. Your opponent can start out
> facing you, Rotate to 12, Thrust by 4, then Rotate to 6. He spends 5/6
> of his turn facing away from you, but still gets the benefit of
> shooting at you with his F arc.

So what's the solution to this "cheese?"  Limiting a ship to a single
arc change per turn?  That's pretty bogus.

The *real* issue is that weapons fire is not integrated with movement.
Everyone zips around the table and then says...now who can I shoot?
I'd like to see a fluid game turn that integrates fire and movement.
But what do I know I only play FT about once or twice a year anyhow.

--
Damo

Prev: More Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....