Prev: Re: [GZG] Photos of 25mm scandinavians Next: RE: [GZG] Re: Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

Re: [GZG] conversion questions

From: jason standlea <freke_ravenshammer@y...>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 07:41:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] conversion questions

opinion is that even a pulsar 'stuck' in one mode but still allowed its
PDS ability is a MASSX5 weapon, or MASSX4?

  Also, so the weaponms your referring to as well John (NIFT I assume?)
but I wanted to keep any conversions I do as close to 'canon' FT as I
could :)  Even though such a thing is a bit of a loose definition in and
of itself!

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:58:20 +0100
From: Oerjan Ariander
To: gzg-l@lists.csua.berkeley.edu

jason standlea wrote:

>how much points would the various Pulsar's be (c/m/l) if you were
making a
>weapon with the profile of just one of the modes, that cannot switch to

>other modes ever?
>
>How much more would it be in your guys opinion if said weapon(s) kept
the
>PDS shot ability?

Um. I'm not entirely sure what you mean with "mode" here.

The Pulser PDS ability is an integral part of the "profile" of *each* of

the different configurations (C, M and L), so if all you do is forbid
the
weapon from being reconfigured it will retain the PDS ability and its
points cost won't change at all (because the points cost only measures
the
weapon's value *during* tactical battles, and Pulsers can only be
reconfigured *between* battles).

If you remove the PDS ability, the Pulser cost drops to 4x Mass
(regardless
of whether or not it can be reconfigured between battles).

I hope this helps...

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:40:51 +1300
From: John Tailby
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] conversion questions

> From: Oerjan Ariander
> Date: 2005/12/29 Thu PM 12:58:20 GMT+13:00
> To: gzg-l@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: [GZG] conversion questions
>
> jason standlea wrote:
>
> >how much points would the various Pulsar's be (c/m/l) if you were
making a
> >weapon with the profile of just one of the modes, that cannot switch
> >other modes ever?

I've found weapon systems that duplicate the effects you have described.

The Gatling blaster is 12" range and6 beam dice or 1 PDS shot. Its mass
times 4

The Twin Particle Array duplicates the pulsar in M mode and again its
mass times 4.

They get quite expensive but I have seen mass 50 cruisers mounting 5
multi arc arrays ans can dish out a fair number of dice at 24 inches.

End of Gzg-l Digest, Vol 7, Issue 31

Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,
holidays, whatever.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Photos of 25mm scandinavians Next: RE: [GZG] Re: Re: [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak