Prev: [GZG] Collector mania was [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak Next: Re: [GZG] FTL Jump in Tunnyverse

[GZG] Re: FTL Jump in Tunnyverse (Nyrath the nearly wise)

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:11:24 EST
Subject: [GZG] Re: FTL Jump in Tunnyverse (Nyrath the nearly wise)

In a message dated 12/26/05 7:04:29 AM,
gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu

http://www.projectrho.com/ft/FTLinkMap.gif
> > which shows how far systems are apart.  and system I thought would
be
> > "untop of each other are much farther apart".
>
>     Thanks, I made the map.
>
>     That's why I made a "node" map, the standard 3D map
>     is too confusing.  Stars that appear to be close are
>     widely separated in altitude.
>
>     Things become more strategically challenging if one
>     mandates an FTL drive that can *ONLY* jump using the
>     given links.  Then certain stars become choke points
>     where pitched battles occur.

We we are looking at 2 forms of FTL jumps
1st will be..	The "jump nodes" which are safe and plotted easy by
anyone...
  Hell most will be in standard starship FTL computers.
2nd form will be FTL jumps by distance..   safe, maybe..   problems come
when
or if U have problems U are "outside" standard shipping lanes, and who
knows
where exactly the jump will kick you out.
     2nd form will be used by explorers and/or military missions

May I thank U again for the maps..   my hat is off to U...

Have a Good One,
DOC Agren
     (Lurker on the Digest)

Prev: [GZG] Collector mania was [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak Next: Re: [GZG] FTL Jump in Tunnyverse