Prev: Re: [GZG] 25mm stowage in online catalog? Next: [GZG] [OT] New pictures of some 2mm Sci-fi greens

RE: [GZG] When placing Modular Fighters on carriers

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:45:00 EST
Subject: RE: [GZG] When placing Modular Fighters on carriers

In a message dated 12/1/05 7:08:47 AM,
gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
writes:
> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:30:26 +1100
> From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au>
> Hanger bays are already considered to have a suitable selection of
stores
> and weapon pods included in the mass required.  Of the 1.5 mass per
fighter of
> hanger space only 0.6-1.0 of the mass is the fighter and loading
equipment;
> the rest is launch/recovery/rearming/repair and other supporte
quipment.
> There is a lot of empty space in a hanger.
>
> If you want to specifically require extra storage for Omni-pods, let
them
> have 2 configurations available as part of the basic hanger and
require 1mass
> of cargo per squadron for each additional configuration.   ie.  A
Mass 9
> hanger + 1 cargo would have 6 fighters and carry the Prime, A & B
configuration
> equipment.
>
> If you're converting for Battletech/Battlespace, remember that
Battlespace
> uses a 10-fighter squadron as standard (so Mass 15 hangers).
>

> Brendan
> 'Neath Southern Skies

Thanks Brendan...

     While not converting from Battletech Omni Fighters, but borrowing
some
from the idea, and the following the idea I have for my primary fleet of
with
the ability Swap out modular parts of the hull, for different roles.   I
knew
that the hanger had space, but was trying to figure how much "extra"
space it
has.
     The idea someone else had modular fighters, I wanted to see how
they
handled the "pods".    I like the idea of each hanger bay carrying 2
configs, and
for each other add 1 Masss Cargo..

Have a Good One,
DOC Agren
     (Lurker on the Digest)

Prev: Re: [GZG] 25mm stowage in online catalog? Next: [GZG] [OT] New pictures of some 2mm Sci-fi greens