Prev: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:01:57 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

> I said:
> > > "Motorized tank" doesn't make sense; perhaps "motorized
> > > armored platoon" is what they meant.
>
> Indy said
> > I think your 'average' 8th-grade educated person would
> > understand "tank" over "armoured" most days of the week.
>
> All tanks are armored, but many armored vehicles are not
> tanks.  AFAIK, "motorized" means "wheeled vehicles"; if you
> want to refer to tracked vehicles, you'd say "mechanized".
> Also AFAIK, a tank by definition is tracked, not wheeled,

which is why I'd say "motorized tank" is a contradition.

Which is a point I think Oerjan was trying to [obliquely] make.

B'sides, LL, you're smarter than the average 8th-grade educated person.

Although probably more demented.

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault