Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] A planetary assault as a wargames campaign - Kra'Vak Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

From: "laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:45:47 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

I said:
> > "Motorized tank" doesn't make sense; perhaps "motorized
> > armored platoon" is what they meant.

Indy said
> I think your 'average' 8th-grade educated person would
> understand "tank" over "armoured" most days of the week.

All tanks are armored, but many armored vehicles are not
tanks.	AFAIK, "motorized" means "wheeled vehicles"; if you
want to refer to tracked vehicles, you'd say "mechanized".
Also AFAIK, a tank by definition is tracked, not wheeled,
which is why I'd say "motorized tank" is a contradition.
I was wondering if all the source docs are English, or if
"motorized tank" might have been a translation error.