Prev: Plastic Space ships (was Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] MORE SURPRISE NEW RELEASES!) Next: Re: [GZG] BITS (was sci-fi egyptians?)

[GZG] Tsiolkovsky Question

From: David Billinghurst <davebill@c...>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:32:27 +1300
Subject: [GZG] Tsiolkovsky Question

My latest order of ships has just arrived from the very speedy Nic at
Eureka Miniatures.

Amongst them is my first Tsiolkovsky class carrier (an ESU ship, in case
you missed the clue :)).  My question is how does it actually go
together?

Going by the illo is FB1, I have identified the pieces as follows: Main
wing (with rectangular notch in mid-front section), 2 x wing weapon
pylons, large rectangular superstructure, distinctive bow section, small
rectangular section.

Obviously, the pylons go on the wing edges as per the illo on page 40 of
FB1, and the superstructure slips into the grooves on the upper surface
of the wing and covers the notch.  The tang of the bow section slides
under the superstructure into the notch - untill the leading edge of the
superstructure contacts the rear of the 'bridge deck'.	Would I be
correct in assumming that the small rectangular section then covers the
underside of the bow tang?  If so, it's a shame it's not a little wider
to fully cover the underside of the notch as well, as it is only as wide
as the tang of the bow section.  Hmm, a little filling is required, I
think, to ensure proper revolutionary fervor!

Regards

David