Prev: [GZG] re: alternate threshold methods Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

Re: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 9:07:51 +1300
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

> > Alternatively, or as well, the players are local area commanders.
The
> > resources they accumulate, don't benefit them directly (they're
admirals,
> > not accountants).  If they need reinforcements, they have to apply
to high
> > command who will release ships per a pre-determined table, so you
may want
> > dreadnaughts but get sent six frigates and a corvette.  There is
still scope
> > for the convoy raid scenario - someone orders a raider into the Oort
cloud
> > of a system to whack out-bound merchants and very soon your
admiralty will
> > be ordering a raider-sweep (bit more work for the GM to keep track
of
> > raiders and orders sent by 'higher up'.
>
> This is also a solution I will look into.. could be good at least for
> our first campaign... :)
>
> --
> With kind regards
> Claus Paludan

If the players represent regional commanders for their own "Race" and
they have a home outpost base but are getting reinforcements from their
own backers then you could introduce other dimensions into the
reinforcement pool. maybe a sucessful commander gets less reinforcements
because High Command don't think they need them or don't want a too
popular commander having direct control of too much of the warmachine.
On the other hand a player that has been defeated heavly and has their
home base in danger of falling may get extra reinforcements to represent
High Commands concern about losing their presence in the area.

Prev: [GZG] re: alternate threshold methods Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions