Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: Initiative is it a game winner? And antipodian FT Next: RE: [GZG] [FT] Threshold check cards.

Re: [GZG] [FT] Threshold check cards.

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:14:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Threshold check cards.

From: "Robert N Bryett"
> 1. Aliens - This isn't a biggie. Maybe separate decks for the BEMs.
> 2. Open-ended design - Where do you stop with Beam Batteries for
> example. Class 4, 5, 6, 7...?

My suggestion was actually to generate a set of threshold cards *for a
specific ship*.  So if you had a Kra'Vak Ko'San carrier on the table,
you'd have three threshold cards generated for a Ko'San's systems.

If you do that, though, you have to figure out what to do about
repaired systems.  If you take Brendan's suggestion of calculating
thresholds for all systems on a ship, then you'd lose more systems
than you normally would.

I wonder if it might be feasible to generate a grid, say 6x6, listing
all the systems on a ship.A Lu'Dak (5 systems) would cover lines 1 to
5 in column 1; a Yu'Kas (30 systems) would fill columns 1-5.  That way
you could generate a generic threshold care and still have it apply to
a specific ship.

Thus Threshold 1 might say "lose systems 1/2, 2/1, 2/5, 3/4, 5/3, and
6/1". The Lu"Dak would have its K1 marked a column 1 row 2 and would
lose that but nothing else.  The Yu'Kas would lose a FCS, a K6, a K1,
and two scatterguns (assuming that you number them the way I would),
and nothing for the 6/1 system.

Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: Initiative is it a game winner? And antipodian FT Next: RE: [GZG] [FT] Threshold check cards.