Prev: Re: [GZG] circular iris valves Next: [GZG] Sugest improvement on Workshack

Re: [GZG] circular iris valves

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 05:24:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] circular iris valves

I was going to suggest a frame to lean against the wall, obviating the
'whole hole' thing, with the iris in the center.

Also, a way to build an iris with 3-d detail is to overlay circular cuts

in thin plastic stock, or even paper, so that each cut piece has a
convex
and a concave  side, and glue them in the iris pattern. Put on that a
circular hole in square frame or whatever, and voila. Instead of drop
through, I'd probably just suggest matching open and closed frames to
swap
out.

If he were doing 6mm, a small paper punch for the iris piecs, and a
large
paper punch for the frame hole, would do the trick.

However, I think he's satisfied with the direction he's going. ;->=

The_Beast

Jon, beloved of paint, lead, and resin fumes, wrote on 10/28/2005
03:10:21
AM: