Prev: Re: [LST] winmail.dat? was Re: [GZG] Re: [CON] GZG ECC IX - Call for Events! Next: RE: [GZG] Squadron size

[GZG] Squadron size

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:04:12 +0200
Subject: [GZG] Squadron size

So, I'm reading an interesting and readable history of the bomber war
over Germany, called (unsurprisingly) The Bomber War by Robin
Neillands.

One of the topics it touches on, of course, is the organization of RAF
bomber squadrons and Luftwaffe fighter staffels.  An RAF bomber
squadron consisted of 2 or 3 flights of 10 aircraft each, on paper.
Of course not all of these would be operational on any given day.  A
Luftwaffe staffel was 9 fighters, again at full strength.  Probably
6-8 was more average on most days.

Anyway, the point of this is this:  Anyone ever played around with
using larger squadrons than the 6-ship ones assumed in the rules?  Due
to the way the rules for hanger size are written, odd-numbered
squadrons would be difficult to work.  Are there any game balance
issues that immediately spring to anyone's mind?  I havn't worked with
bunches and bunches of fighters and I havn't got an opponent handy to
test it out.  Any thought?

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [LST] winmail.dat? was Re: [GZG] Re: [CON] GZG ECC IX - Call for Events! Next: RE: [GZG] Squadron size