Prev: Re: [GZG] laser classes Next: RE: [GZG] laser classes

RE: [GZG] laser classes

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:41:53 -0600
Subject: RE: [GZG] laser classes

A is a 3, then it's a miss.  We are only calculating
the probability of nine 6's and a 4 or 5.  If 50 dice were rolled
previous to this run, but none hit, it doesn't change the calculation of
the 10 rolls that matter (i.e. dice aren't linked).

In addition, the statement was that he suffered 19 points from 2 class 1
batteries in one turn, so the assumption was that the two batteries
contributed to the damage, as opposed to one doing 19 and the other
none.  It could be that one caused 4 points (2 rolls) and the other 15
points (8 rolls),  but the odds calculation doesn't change as long as
the total dice rolled to get that result equals ten.

There is a minor caveat in this; due to the way the FT rule is written,
the 6's have to come first, then the single point roll, as you only get
a re-roll by rolling a six. So to recreate the actual event you have to
calculate in the order of the 9 6's first then the last die.
Statistically it doesn't matter which order the dice were rolled because
the odds remain the same.

--Binhan