Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Repair ships Next: Re: [GZG] ESU Ural class Naval station : Irkutsk - 337 - WIP

Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Armour with Shotguns

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:51:17 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Armour with Shotguns

Brian Bilderback wrote:

>Besides, the more I thought last night about what Oerjan said, the
>more inclined I was to disagree with him to a certain extent, to whit:
>
>"They would still run a very serious risk of having most of their
>peripherals scrubbed off their suits and any surfaces intended to be
>transparent (face plates, camera lenses, lightly-armoured weapons
>etc.) turned opaque by a myriad of tiny pock-marks,"
>
>That would depend on the hardness of the materials out of which their
>suits, peripherals, and transparent surfaces were made, as compared to
>the hardness of the countermass being blown out the back of the weapon
>-- again, something that is not completely random, but rather can be
>factored in to the design of the suit and weapon.

Even if the countermass consists of plain water, it can do pretty nasty
things to anything standing too close behind the weapon... particularly
if
there's no air to slow it down after it has left the weapon :-/

(Not that plain water is a very good countermass, of course - it has far

too high a freezing point and far too low a density for that.)

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Repair ships Next: Re: [GZG] ESU Ural class Naval station : Irkutsk - 337 - WIP